Monday, October 19, 2009

So, saw Where the Wild Things Are on Imax this past weekend. I've seen a few complaints about it, but I thought it was very well done. The costumes were unbelievable. There was only one moment I could see the computer animation done. I'm not sure if that's because it was the only incident of that or if the others were just executed more cleverly. The soundtrack could be a bit repetitive at times but it was a nice theme running through the film. Mostly I think it was a film that could be enjoyed by an extremely varied audience.
I also loved Ira; he killed me:

I've been listening to some Talib Kweli the past couple of days. I have always appreciated his style but haven't listened to as much of just him (mostly just listened to black start and various mos def tracks on which he was featured).
Here's a nice one:

Applications are almost done.
It would've been much nicer to deal with this process when I wasn't also taking a full schedule of classes. But it'll be nice to have it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment