Monday, November 30, 2009

Some music I've found

So I've been finding plenty of new music lately.
I'll share some of my findings in the form of a playlist.

Bibio - Lovers' Carvings.
Gang Gang Dance - House Jam
Born Ruffians - Hedonistic Me
Foals - Red Sock Pugie
The XX - Basic Space
Cymbals Eat Guitars - Indiana
Metronomy - On Dancefloors
The Rural Alberta Advantage - Don't Haunt This Place
The Spinto Band - Did I Tell You
Soul Coughing - Rolling
Neon Indian - Deadbeat Summer
Oh No! Oh My! - Walk in the Park
The Tallest Man on Earth - The Gardner
Yeasayer's New Single - Ambling Alp

Here's that video.

Also, all my application stuff is officially at the schools, now that my last recommender sent in the letters. Here is the list if anyone is interested:
Yale, Johns Hopkins, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, UCSF, Oregeon Health & Science U, Washington U in St. Louis, UT. Now I wait. I'm really ready to not be an undergrad anymore. However, there is one more semester. I'm not sure what the best way to spend that time is. A programming class might be a good way to go. We'll see. I know being a grad student is still a student but something about saying I'm in a Ph.D. program just seems like a sign that I'm committed and focused. Those are things I need to have going on with me. There are some habits I'll have to form when I'm a grad student. Can't watch so much Hulu anymore. I need to start reading more. I'll be in an apartment so I'll have to walk the Homes more often. I've gotten spoiled with my ability to just put him in the yard. I'm thinking my next school will finally be one that I wear shirts for. I've never done that. But all the schools I applied to are worthy of some spirit I think. The possibility of not getting into any school is a little unnerving. I suppose I'll try to find a lab tech job if things turn out that way. I really hope to not hold a bachelor's in Neuroscience and start working as a waiter or something. If I do get into a school, it'll be quite a change. I'll be moving to a place that I may not have ever been before. Bring Homesly will be a challenge. I'm going to need to find some place that allows dogs and has an administrative center out of my way so they never see him. It'll be difficult but I'll pull it off. I look forward to living in a city. Dallas is a city of course. But a strange one indeed. And I look forward to not having to drive as much. In fact I hope to be able to sell my car. Anyway, file this under the irrelevant musings section.

Enjoy the tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment